Early Adopters Information Session
Healthy Green Schools & Colleges is developing a new standard for healthy, sustainable facility management practices for K-12 school districts and higher education institutions. This new science-based standard will have a points-based scoring system and will cover the full range of facilities management procurement and practices—from cleaning, disinfection and indoor air quality monitoring to HVAC maintenance, sustainable purchasing and more.
HGSC is seeking K-12 districts and higher education institutions to join a group of early adopters to provide feedback and help shape program elements as they are being developed.
The Healthy Green Schools & Colleges standard is the centerpiece of a new program that will also feature:
- An assessment tool for schools to objectively measure and improve their indoor environmental health and sustainability performance
- Guidebooks, training modules and other resources to support continual improvement
- A peer network to accelerate best practices
- Recognition and third-party verification from Healthy Green Schools & Colleges
Benefits of participating as an early adopter include:
- Helping to develop an industry-wide certification. Participants will use their knowledge and expertise to help design this program and advance industry practice.
- Opportunity to share your ideas and expertise, and engage with other school facility leaders from across the country.
- Becoming a charter member of the Early Adopters program, which includes a special email signature logo
- Recognition on Healthy Green Schools & Colleges website
- Spotlight feature in program newsletter
- Certificate of participation
- Social media toolkit to promote participation