We know how overwhelming starting a green cleaning program can seem at first: There’s so much to think about, so many products on the market and so many considerations to make. And the web often makes that even more overwhelming, with differing opinions, misleading product claims and confusing messages. That’s where our new and improved Green Clean Schools website comes in. Designed with ease of use in mind, the site contains comprehensive, straightforward information for anyone who’s interested in learning more about green cleaning. At the center of the site is a fully downloadable version of our 5 Steps to Green Cleaning in Schools. If you’re new to green cleaning or interested in taking an existing program to the next level, this is the perfect place for you to start.
We’ve Got You Covered
The 5 Steps to Green Cleaning in Schools is a comprehensive guide to green cleaning in schools — it covers everything. From a succinct overview for those just getting started to more in-depth details of each step in the process, this resource is one of the most-complete guides to green cleaning for schools out there. It’s unbiased, offering guidelines based on science and research. That means you won’t find sponsored messages, and you won’t have to read between the lines in copy provided by manufacturers.
We had a team of industry experts advise and edit the content, which originally appeared as the Quick and Easy Guide to Green Cleaning in Schools. This is the latest version of that document, condensed, updated and formatted with ease of use in mind. It’s intended to be perused on screen, and then downloaded and kept as a reference point as you work on building your own program.
Use It Your Way
It’s all up there on our website — free for you to take, read, use and share however you see fit. We’ve included a simple overview in addition to separate documents for the the five steps:
- Plan & Prevent. This step is about keeping dirt and other contaminants out of your buildings in the first place.
- Select Green Cleaning Products. Navigate the growing green cleaning marketplace, learn what seals and certifications mean and how to choose products that are safe, healthy and effective.
- Introduce Green Equipment & Supplies. This step offers tips on how to choose the right equipment and supplies for your school.
- Adopt Green Cleaning Procedures. Here’s where you’ll learn how to clean in a way that reduces general health risks, accommodates highly susceptible individuals and minimizes environmental impact.
- Share the Responsibility. Green cleaning programs in schools promote stewardship and demonstrate a school’s commitment to thinking globally and acting locally. This step outlines all the ways you can share the responsibility for green cleaning with your community.
Jump directly to one of these steps, or start at the beginning and work your way through. Green cleaning should be a simple solution, not one that overwhelms or bogs you down. It’s really about a simple product list, simple techniques and a simple goal: Cleaning for health and the environment.